Have we ever really talked about my job? I don’t think we have. Well, first thing you need to know is that my job is awesome. I’m a social media manager, and I’m one of those incredibly lucky people that gets to do something I love for a living. And I’m even luckier when I get to work on accounts that I’m really passionate about. Dreaming Cow Creamery is one of those clients.
When I first heard about Dreaming Cow, I knew I wanted to be on it. Doing social media for a New Zealand style grass-fed yogurt company that loves their animals? Yeah, that had my name written all over it.
About two weeks ago, I took a trip out to their dairy farms located just outside of Thomasville, Georgia (my home turf’s backyard!) to meet the cows and learn about the Dreaming Cow operation. I was so ridiculously excited about this trip. What do you mean I get to play with cows all day and get PAID for it? Totally a dream come true.
I know. This has absolutely nothing to do with food, but it’s still something that got into my head and I had to write about it. In the real world, I work in social media. I pay a lot of attention to what’s going on in the world of Social Media and PR, and I find myself analyzing how a situation should’ve been handled versus how it was handled. I really saw this as a missed opportunity for greatness. And right now, I’m totally pulling the “It’s my blog! I can write what I want!”.
Over the past few days, I’ve seen numerous stories about Beyonce’s publicist wanting some unflattering photos removed from Buzzfeed from her Super Bowl Performance.
I’m not even going to pretend that if someone posted a photo like that of me on the Interwebz, I wouldn’t be freaking out and completely flipping my shit. I’d untag myself immediately, then obsess over it. I’d think to myself: “WHY DID I EVER THINK THAT FACE WAS A GOOD IDEA?!” I’d beat myself up over it (And I consider myself to have pretty decent self-esteem). I think most women would. Society has taught us that we have to appear perfect at all times.
1) This giraffe necklace from J.Crew is adorable… but I have such a hard time spending money on jewelry. I’m just not a jewelry girl. I want to be one, but I rarely know how to style appropriately with it. (unless it’s simple, classic pieces from Tiffany & Co.).
2) I fell in love with Lululemon over the summer. Before that, I thought they were overpriced and couldn’t understand why they charged $80 for yoga pants. Now I get it. And now all I want is a pair of Wunder Under Crops.
3) Sigh. These have been on my lust-list for a really, really long time – classic Hunter Wellies. Want. Need. Will pull the trigger on these soon. I mean, Florida does rain an awful lot and I do have a to trek a block or two to work from the parking garage every day. Purchase? Justified.
4) I’m feeling J. Crew lately. Like a lot. A LOT a lot and this pink gingham button-up is no exception. And apparently I’m not the only one because it’s sold out and removed from their website by the time I got to writing this (a matter of 15-20 minutes).
5) I have kitten-fever like whoa. I know that Kayne would murder me in my sleep if we got a kitten, but OMG LOOK AT THEIR LITTLE FACES. I’ve never had a tiny little kitten before, and I want one. Now.
1) Royal Kaliber
Royal Kaliber had style, grace & speed… He was the dream grand prix horse. Its just unfortunate that the Athens Games was his first & last Olympics.
2) Michael Matz
Dude saved kids from a plane crash. Not only is he an awesome Equestrian (three-time Olympian actually), he’s a good person. Oh & you might also know him as Barbaro’s trainer.
3) Ryan Lochte
I know.. Me & every other girl in the US. But really? Look at him. Oh & he does good deeds too.
4) Dominique Moceanu
It’s pretty much un-American to not have loved her. I feel like pretty much everyone I know either wanted to be her or have her as a little sister. Plus, she’s just awesome.
5) Gem Twist
My all-time greatest horse crush. As a little girl, I idolized this beautiful Thoroughbred. He was named “World’s Best Horse” at one point in his career & he was so awesome that he’s been cloned.
I leave for San Francisco in two days. TWO DAYS! Did I mention part of the trip includes a day in Sonoma? Wine tasting? Why yes, yes it does. I really want to visit Murphy-Goode, Rodney Strong, the Kendall Jackson Wine Center, & La Crema. Any other suggestions for me?
On that note, my dresser is currently covered with neat little pre-packing piles of outfits for the trip. I can be a little bit OCD when it comes to packing.
I totally love that someone googled “Matt Bomer unfair” to find my blog. It really is unfair that he’s playing for the other team, but goodness that man is gorgeous.
I had a drink with bourbon in it last night & I liked it. It was the bocce ball from Pele’s Wood Fire. I know, I go there all.the.time., but the food really is stellar… especially the smoked artichoke fonduta. Try it!
I skipped the gym this morning in favor of sleep. I just don’t feel like working out this week. Although I did have a pretty great 3-mile run in the rain last night & I’m starting to feel like my runmojo is returning.
I bought 50 Shades of Grey for my flight. Shut up. I know, I’m totally behind. Leave me alone.
Is it Friday yet?