1) This giraffe necklace from J.Crew is adorable… but I have such a hard time spending money on jewelry. I’m just not a jewelry girl. I want to be one, but I rarely know how to style appropriately with it. (unless it’s simple, classic pieces from Tiffany & Co.).
2) I fell in love with Lululemon over the summer. Before that, I thought they were overpriced and couldn’t understand why they charged $80 for yoga pants. Now I get it. And now all I want is a pair of Wunder Under Crops.
3) Sigh. These have been on my lust-list for a really, really long time – classic Hunter Wellies. Want. Need. Will pull the trigger on these soon. I mean, Florida does rain an awful lot and I do have a to trek a block or two to work from the parking garage every day. Purchase? Justified.
4) I’m feeling J. Crew lately. Like a lot. A LOT a lot and this pink gingham button-up is no exception. And apparently I’m not the only one because it’s sold out and removed from their website by the time I got to writing this (a matter of 15-20 minutes).
5) I have kitten-fever like whoa. I know that Kayne would murder me in my sleep if we got a kitten, but OMG LOOK AT THEIR LITTLE FACES. I’ve never had a tiny little kitten before, and I want one. Now.
I feel like all of my stories begin the same way: So the other day I had a craving…
And then I share some anecdote about how my thought process worked.
This time, the craving was rice krispy treats and the anecdote is simply spying a box of Fruity Pebbles in Publix.
We all know how I feel about James Bond.
2) Breaking Dawn, Part 2
3) Subaru Distance Classic
This will be my fourth year in a row running this half marathon on Thanksgiving Day. It’s a tradition that I’m really proud of.
4) Decorating for the Holidays
I’m not sure where a Christmas Tree is going to fit in my apartment, but I assure you it will happen. Check out my Holidays board on Pinterest!
5) The Weather
See ya later, sweltering heat! Hello, cooler temps and a lower electric bill! I can finally quit complaining about the weather…. for now.
What’s that? Another Pele’s Wood Fire post? Yup! They just added some new stuff to the menu and I had the chance to try it out. Here’s 5 Things You Need to Try at Pele’s:
1) Black Hog Farms Pork Sliders
Y’all know how I feel about pork.
2) Goat Cheese and Lavender Fonduta
If I didn’t have you at “goat cheese”, then we can’t be friends. Sorry.
3) Baked Taralli Pretzel Rings
The stout white cheddar dipping sauce? I could drink it.
4) Roast Beer Can Chicken
Tender, juicy… and it comes with andouille sausage risotto. <3 risotto.
5) Oreo “Friti”
No need to be fancy… These are just fried oreos… battered with Bold City Brewery’s Killer Whale Cream Ale. I died and went to heaven.
I’ve been a horribly bad blogger this week. Had I used some forethought, I would’ve planned posts for the week, but that just didn’t happen. Sometimes life gets in the way. I’m actually not going to complain about it because I realize I was busy for some very fortunate reasons. Plus, being ungrateful is really unattractive. I tend to get really turned off by bloggers who whine and complain all the time. I mean, most of us lead pretty priviledged lifestyles. And blogger complaints? Are usually just #firstworldproblems (I own this about myself. I know it’s true).
Anyway, tangent aside, this week I’ve noticed a trend in my behavior. Certain things I’m drawn to… Addicted to, you might say. So here’s My Top 5 Addictions:
1) Diet Coke
If you didn’t know this about me, well, then you don’t know me at all. Periodically, I get all “OMG SODA IS GOING TO KILL ME MUST QUIT DRINKING THE DIET COKE” and it lasts all of 3 days. I really love Diet Coke, y’all. I do try to limit my soda intake to 1 a day, but this week… It’s been more like 2-3 a day. Whoops.
This is kinda weird because I don’t even have cable, but I’m totally a guilty pleasure TV person. These are shows that I should be embarrassed that I can’t get enough of, but I don’t really care. So when I’m laying in bed, bored out of my mind and want to waste a few hours, these are my 5 guilty pleasure TV shows:
1) Real Housewives of New Jersey
The end all, be all of guilty pleasure TV shows. I love the Manzo boys and Greggy Bennett. I love the amount of crazy that Theresa brings. Can’t. Get. Enough. And you KNOW shit is going to go down when one of the Kims shows up.
2) The Hills
I recently watched the entire first season of The Hills in one day. Yeah. It happened. I’m not ashamed of it. As a side note, Heidi used to be so cute. Plastic surgery isn’t always the answer, folks.
3) X Factor
I hate singing competition shows. Hate. Except X Factor because it has OMG BRITNEY SPEARS. She’s fantastically honest and I love every second of it.
4) Teen Mom
I know. I just need to stop.
5) White Collar
Only a guilty pleasure because of Matt Bomer. I could totally watch it on mute. But I do actually like the show.