I bought my first bunch of kale the other day. Unbelievable, I know. I’ve had friends extol its virtues to me time & time again, but I’d still yet to try it (outside of zuppa tuscana, of course). Yes, I know it’s a “nutritional powerhouse” with tons of iron, fiber, vitamins A, C & K & antioxidants. I also know it’s an anti-inflammatory food. So in short, yes, I know I should be eating it.
On Friday, I was at the farmer’s market, spending my lunch hour wandering & getting ideas based on what looked good & what was in seasons. Then I saw the kale laying there on a table, & it was so vibrantly green & beautiful. I just had to buy it. Once I got home, I kinda stared at it. I had no idea where to go from there. So what did I do? I turned to Facebook to get some ideas.
Then I consulted Google & found a plethora of amazing kale-inspired recipes. Naturally, I started a list of the ones I wanted to try & figured I’d share the top 20:
- Baby Kale, Mozzarella, and Egg Bake
- Baked Kale Chips
- Baked Parmesan Kale Chips
- Couscous with Kale & Green Garlic Dressing
- Creamy Mushroom & Kale Quesadillas
- Curried Chickpeas & Kale
- Italian Meatball & Kale Soup
- Kale, Carrots, & Sesame Seeds with Stir-Fry Sauce
- Kale Hummus
- Kale Salad with Oranges, Almonds and Avocado
- Kale & Potato Hash
- Lemon Avocado Massaged Kale Salad
- Marinated Kale & Green Bean Salad
- Miso & Sesame Kale Chips
- Pasta with Creamy Kale Pesto
- Potato, Bacon & Kale Quiche
- Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup
- Tangy Kale & Carrot Quinoa
- Triple Berry Kale Salad
- Turkey Sausage, Kale & White Bean Soup
Looks like I’ll be buying some more kale at the farmer’s market.