I was a little shocked when I checked the weather forecast this morning. After having beautiful temps in the 70s for at least a week now, this Floridian was slightly floored after seeing this:
I’m sorry, what? High of 47 on Tuesday? I am overcome with delight. It’s about damn time that winter showed up in my neck of the woods. I’ve itched to bust out my crock pot & made some belly warming, rib sticking meals….
….but it’s kind of hard to do that when it’s still 70+ degrees outside. Not anymore.
My 10 Favorite Crock Pot Recipes:
1) Chicken Taco Chili – This is currently in my crock pot as we speak. The ingredients are simple & I almost always have them all on hand. It’s delicious & I can eat it for days on end. Ladies, it’s also easy on the waistline & also man-friendly! This twist on traditional chili satisfies & freezes well.
2) Super Easy CrockPot Lasagna – If you suck at making lasagna like I do, this recipe is for you. You can assemble the night before & plug-in the next morning. If anything, I think it’s easier (& better) than buying a frozen one at the grocery store (of which I am totally guilty).
3) Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili – Another Skinnytaste recipe. Gotta love the hearty homemade stuff that will also keep you in your skinny jeans.
4) Hot Buttered Rum – If you know me at all, you knew there would be booze in this Top 10.
5) Sausage Dip – A football food staple, this dip is literally called “crack dip” by friends & family alike. Side Note – I’m depressed that I have to wait a whole nine months to see my Noles play again.
6) Broccoli & Three Cheese Soup – Another A Year of Slow Cooking Recipe. The girl is a genius. If you’re ever short on Crock Pot ideas, her blog is an invaluable resource. & who doesn’t love Broccoli Cheese soup?
7) Pulled Pork – Now I know I said this was from around the Internet, but I couldn’t make a Crock Pot recipe list & not include this. A friend gave it to me years ago & I’ve used it ever since. It’s requires minimal effort & only involves 5 ingredients: A hunk of pig (pick your own cut), a can of beer, a quartered onion, paprika & BBQ sauce. Place everything but the BBQ sauce into the crock pot & let cook on low for 12 hours or high for 6 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, drain, pull & stir in BBQ sauce. I prefer to serve on King’s Hawaiian Rolls as sliders.
8) Rocky Road Chocolate Cake – I’m sorry. It’s all Southern Living’s fault. I swear.
9) Guinness Beef Stew – After my trip to Dublin, I became obsessed with Guinness Beef Stew. I’ve made it several times since & I love the simplicity of being able to just throw it in my crock pot & go.
10) No-Stir Crock Pot Risotto – Risotto is a pain in the ass to perfect. It’s finicky, but when just right, absolutely heavenly. Putting it in the Crock Pot has helped take the guess-work out for me & I love mixing up this basic risotto recipe to fit my menu & needs.
Last but not least, a simple tip I learned from Stacey:
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners are pretty much the greatest invention ever. You mean no more scrubbing my crock pot? All I do is put one of these in my crock pot, put in my ingredients, cook & throw it away when I’m done? Awesome. I love it.